Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lovely Little Lanterns.

Ok sooo...I know I haven't been that great at keeping a regular blog schedule, but I am just getting use to this whole blog business so I get slack cut for me right?? I sure hope so...I am going to try my hardest to be better at this!!!

I haven't done anything major lately when it comes to decorating however I have painted a few small knick knacks around the house! I am going to show you a few...

First, here is my inspiration for this post!






So, I don't know if you know this or not but lanterns are all the rage in home and outdoor decor this spring & summer and I happen to LOVE them! I spotted a few in the Pottery Barn magazine that I love but with the prices ranging from 19.50 - 79.00 I could not force myself to fork up that kind of money for one little lantern!

Well, while walking through Lowe's one day browsing and waiting on my paint to get mixed I stumbled upon these two cute little things...

And the cost?? Only 4.98 for the small one and 8.98 for the larger one!!! I mean I couldn't have come across a better deal!! I love the black however, it doesn't really go with anything in my house so I decided to sand and paint, paint, paint!!! I started out with a creme color for my base coat and then applied two or three coats of white on top of that! After all the painting,  I sanded them again to add a rustic feel!
              
                 Here is the finished product...
You can put whatever you want in your lanterns for me I had these random small decorative balls laying around the house and decided they would add the perfect touch. Here is a closer look..
One other small project I did was re-do an ugly awful red candle stick that I had laying around and couldn't stand looking at any longer..I could have sworn I took a before picture but I cannot find it anywhere on my camera so all I can offer you is the after!


After sanding the awful red actually came back through a little bit and it actually really looked well and complimented the red that I could not paint over in the center. I am still not sure about the green candle but I have not got the chance to purchase a new one or decided on a color.

The end of my post I want to dedicate to one of my very best friend's 24th birthday celebration!!
I love my group of friends more than anything in this world and when we get together it is always such a good time!

The bestie/birthday girl and I.

          The cute boy that sat across the table from me.


Besties.

My little mini-me.

Matthew and I.

The ride home is always my favorite part....


I hope you all had as good of a weekend as I did!!!

-Katherine-

No comments:

Post a Comment