Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Change is Good.



I've been staring at this wooden frame on my wall for quite some time now thinking about what exactly I wanted to do with it....Today was the day!.. I decided I would just start by placing an extra piece of scrap fabric in the frame....

I simply just hot-glued and stretched the fabric tight to create a cute background. Put the frame back on the wall...and decided that wasn't enough either!!


So, I dug around a little more in my scrap o' fabric drawer as I like to call it and found a huge piece of white fabric that Annie had given to me when she first bought my sewing machine for me to "practice" with. So I cut the fabric lengthwise in about two inch strips and decided I would try and make a rosette to put in the frame...



 I made one....



I didnt like it, so I made two.....




It wasn't working....so I made....



SIX!! and I LOVE it!!...

It was so simple and not to mention it was FREE!!
I love free.

It looks so cute in it's little corner by my little re-upholstered chair and Salvation Army bird cage!






While I was working on my crafts Matthew came home from work telling me he got something new today...I was thinking great! It could be something we really need (having no clue what we "really" need) I walk outside to find this....



Nothing we can use for the house......

It's a good thing he deserves a new pair of clubs because he literally works harder than anyone I have ever met in my life....So I guess he gets to play hard also!

I hope that everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend!
Enjoy the Sunshine!!

-Katherine-


1 comment:

  1. Went to UNA with Matt. Like the stuff you're doing here! This frame is adorable! I'm into the same crafty fun - www.livealittlewilder.com

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete