Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Paint It New

Today I had to stay home sick from work because yesterday I came down with the stomach virus. This is not the first time I have had to deal with this icky bug this year....or the second....its the THIRD...you heard it...the third time I have had the stomach bug this year!! If there is one thing in this world I HATE more than anything it is being nauseous!

Matthew had to go to Birmingham today for a work meeting so sadly he couldn't be here to bring me soup, crackers, sprite, and listen to me whine and cry alllllll day about how I don't feel good! I know that he SOOOOOO sad that he is having to miss out! However, if he had gotten to stay home I know that he would do whatever he could to try and make things better!

This afternoon I have started feeling a little better and decided I would do a little post on a simple mirror upgrade I have made this week. The pictures aren't that great but good enough for you to see how a simple paint job to a boring mirror can make it perk up it's little space on the wall!


This is the mirror before.....


Little Jackson always hanging out with his mommy...



Charlie Gracie upset she missed the first photo

I decided I wanted to paint my mirror two different colors, white and a robin's egg blue.
So, I took some masking tape and simply taped the inside of the mirror and the outward border so I would not get paint on the glass or for the two colors to mix while I am in the process of painting. Here is a picture of the inside taped off...



Next, I simply primed the whole mirror with a white coat of paint (and when I say prime I simply mean just using a white coat of acrylic paint). I used acrylic on this whole project simply because I was too lazy to run to the store and grab some paint for this project. But, it turned out great and whatever works right?!!!

Here is a shot of the first coat of white paint....




Last, all I did was paint the outward border white, the middle the blue, a little trim in the middle in white, and then the inside border the robbin's egg blue and it turned out so cute!! I ended up using about three coats of the white and of blue and actually I probably could have used four. Maybe another day I will feel like going over it but until now my new little mirror has taken it's spot back on it's wall and it looks better than ever!!! Here are a few shots of the finished product!!






Until Matthew gets home to take care of me, cuddling with these two sweet puppies will be just fine with me...



-Katherine-

No comments:

Post a Comment