Sunday, September 11, 2011

I'm Back!!

Thanks to Annie..I can blog again! I recently broke my computer and so I was blogless for all this time after I promised that I wouldn't be!

So many things have happened so I will do a quick catch up!

We had a much needed beach trip with Matthew's family that was so much fun. I absolutely love being surrounded by his family. It makes me so happy to know that I am marrying into a family that believes in being surrounding by each other and having fun all the time.





Matthew and I purchased a house in Decatur..I LOVE my house and am so happy that I am so close to Annie and Matthew's family! My sister and her family have moved to Athens from Dallas, TX AND my brother Drew is moving from Montgomery to Chicago! There are so many changes in my family right now it's crazy! But if it wasn't crazy then it wouldn't be the Davis family.

Moving into my new house is amazing because it's a whole new space that I get to decorate...although, it is so hard to make decisions about where I want everything so I know that things will probably change on a weekly or even daily basis...

One thing I have done recently is so simple you could probably do it in 5 minutes...literally.

I have had an old white window frame that I purchased months ago from Habitat for Humanity for $5.00. When I bought the frame I had no idea what I would do with it but I knew when the idea came I would be so mad at myself if I would not have made the purchase. So what did I do?? I bought it and had it sit in my garage until just the other day!

All you need is:

A frame
A wreath
Ribbon of your choice.


My idea is to have the wreath on my window change with the seasons. Right now ,I purchased a fall wreath that can last all the way through Thanksgiving..


All you do is simply wrap the ribbon around the rim of the wreath and tack it onto the back of the pane before hanging it on the wall. I chose not to paint the wood on my window because I liked the look of the white that was already on the pane. I also loved the way the white went with the wall color we have.




This is something that is so simple that anyone can do! There are so many things you can do with a window pane from painting it to adding pictures in each glass pane. I love all the possibilites that it brings!!

As for Jack and Charlie....They LOVE their new back yard so much that this is what they do when they are inside with us.




I really really promise that it will not be long until I post again!! I hope you didn't miss me too much :)

-Katherine-

No comments:

Post a Comment